Swain Hall East & West Renovation
The Swain Hall East and West complex renovation offers a new environment for students and faculty while remaining true to the historic Bloomington campus.
The facility houses physics and astronomy departments and provides a distinguishable main entrance to the building while connecting the building to the campus and the University’s iconic 20-acre Dunn’s Woods.
GREEN BUILDING STRATEGIES
- Development Density and Community Connectivity.
- Public Transportation Access.
- No added parking.
- 46% water use reduction by utilizing low-flow and
Energy and Atmosphere
- Energy savings of 20% over a baseline model.
- Efficient mechanical systems.
- Green Power.
Materials and Resources
- Recycling program for building occupants.
- Over 10% of total building materials are recycled.
- Over 10% of total building materials are manufactured regionally.
Indoor Environmental Quality
- Use of low-emitting materials for adhesives, sealants, paints, coatings, flooring systems, and wood products.